Complex systems require careful planning and commissioning.
When it comes to the technical aspects such as automation and power circuits of building installations, machines and marine installations, evice consult offers services in relation supervision of manufacturing, factory- and site acceptance tests (FAT and SAT) and commissioning.
Examples of previous projects includes –
– verification of as-build drawings
– commissioning and troubleshooting of various types of marine scrubbers (EGCS)
– emergency generator systems on shore
– verification of short circuit calculations in complex multi-feed distribution systems
– risk-analysis of PLC programming, in conjunction with implementation of robots in existing production lines
Marine scrubber installations
During 2019 installation and commissioning of a vast number of exhaust gas cleaning system scrubbers (EGCS) have burdened both shipyards and consultants and technical departments and suppliers, with bustle and delays on a global basis.
Whilst most of the commissioned scrubber projects having been commissioned are working as intended, the global bustle have left parts of the shipping industry with a few installations, where commissioning have been rushed through.
Examples exist of systems which are not optimized with regards to fuel efficiency, have serious defects in the safety circuits or are not even fully operational.
Evice consult have specialized knowledge and experience in operation and verification of automation systems and can support shipowner’s and technical managers with
- Integration, with respect to signals to and from existing machinery and alarm systems
- Troubleshooting of communication issues (RS422 for NMEA0183, RS485 for MODBUS, MODBUS TCP etc.)
- Verification of correct monitoring of important parameters
- Post-commissioning verifications, to identify eventual defects or flaws within the warranty period